A day with Mt. Talamitam
Hello everyone! Last Sunday I had my very first hike for the year 2017! Took me a long time to go back to hiking but finally I manage to find time and so I did 🙂 I came with my ACN friends. We long planned together to have a hike so this is our very first time hiking together 🙂
Picture heavy ahead! Thank you!
Jump-off point: Sitio Bayabasan, Brgy. Aga, Nasugbu (KM. 83)
LLA: 14.1158° N; 120.7577° N; 630 MASL
Days required/ Hours to summit: 1 day / 1.5-2.2 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-3 with steep assault (100m)
Mt. Talamitam is very easy to day hike mountain but it’s not as popular as Mt. Batulao (I think) which is just around the area as well. During our hike, there weren’t as much as we expected hikers since it’s Sunday (unlike the usual popular mountains have, always jam-packed!) well, I prefer that way~ although there was a group of 160 but no big deal 🙂
The jump-off can be easily find. All the buses going Nasugbu knows this site so just tell them you’re going to Mt. Talamitam and they’ll just drop you here since it’s just along the way. (easy as 123!).
So here we’re going to pass a concrete bridge 🙂
We were welcomed with a vast land of Mt. Talamitam but this area is not yet near the summit. The land was so huge and very windy! It was so beautiful! There were a lot of hikers already in this area since some did a camping last Saturday. Although there were already a lot of people, it doesn’t feel crowded since the space is so huge! Too bad there were no green grasses like I saw on other posts but it’s okay, I am in awe with the view and everything! 😀
The wind by the way here is very strong but it wasn’t painful. It’s manageable and it’s good because it makes our hike cooler instead of struggling with scorching hot sun! Let me show you how strong the wind here! 😀
So the mountain has two trails to choose from to reach the Summit:
- Trail 1: Shorter but very steep
- Trail 2: Longer but not so very steep
So we chose Trail 1 to go up and Trail 2 to go down 😀 It’s up to you guys which you choose anyway~ Both are really struggling though XD
When we arrive at the summit, there were a lot of people so we decided to take a break first here before we take our pictures.
There were a lot of spots here where you can get a nice view shot. The featured image above was on a different spot from this one~ there were actually three 🙂
I have a very short video I took during the hike. I didn’t took much videos ‘coz we’re more on pictures and I’m saving my batt but here’s a quick sneak of how vast and beautiful Talamitam is 😀
A post shared by kimi🌸hana (@baklangpusa) on
How to / Budget:
- Rode a bus in Coastal going to Nasugbu. We took DLTB Bus line – 129php
- Tell the conductor to drop you to Sitio Bayabasan or Mt. Talamitam Jump-off.
- Registration in Jump-off is 45php.
- Guide – 500php for a maximum of 7 people.
- Guide Recommendation – Kuya Isko. Contact: 09082605220/09151409624 (Ate Marrietta’s # Kuya Isko’s wife :D)
- Optional: If you want to take a bath on the river, entrance is 20php and table is 100php.
- If you’re done hiking and want to take a bath, there are houses that offers a convenient bath place. Just pay 20php/gallon of water 🙂
So summing up, Talamitam cost around 500php. Your food expenses and travel fee from and going to your home is not yet included so depends 🙂 I spent around 300 for food so you could say 600-900 can be your budget here 🙂 And we’re only 3 sharing for guide’s fee so if you can accommodate the 7 people, it’ll be much cheaper 😀
PS: I had a sprain after the hike 🙁 So saaaaaddd! and I was one week sick leave XD but it was funny on how I got that! XD Well a lot of things happened during the hike 🙁
Akyat pa more! XDDDD Funny when you’re almost done with the hardest part of the hike, no more ups and downs, just walking straight the path then you get this! How lame is that? XDDD Hindi yung pag-akyat at pagbaba eh, kung saan pauwi na, dun pa nabembang XD Ang tanga bes XD Sobrang ganda kasi ni Talamitam XDDD #footsprain #mountainhiking #hikepamore #vsco #vscocam #vscoph
- I lost my peaceminusone cap! It was GD’s caaapppp!! Emergheeeddd!
- When we reach the summit, my action cam died 🙁 Good thing I took a few though.
- My action cam’s waterproof case was broken!!! XDDD
- We cancelled the river tour because I got sprained! XDD Sorrryyy!!!
That’s right, quite a lot but didn’t really bother. I still had fun! XDD Thanks for reading again~
Have you tried hiking?